I have been, or can be if you click on a link and make a purchase, compensated via a cash payment, gift, or something else of value for writing this post. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. Please read my full Disclosure for more information.
I was recently nominated by the beautiful Wendy from One Exceptional Life for the Sunshine Blogger Award in 2018. Seeing as I just started out blogging mid-July, I had no idea what this was and was truly surprised to find it pop on on my Twitter feed.
I honestly couldn’t understand how I would be nominated for anything at this stage. I am such a newbie…
So, I looked it up and found that award is a peer recognition for bloggers that inspire positivity and joy. Well, I can tell you – this was confirmation that my blog and our Facebook group, Blogging Babes Collective are doing EXACTLY what I had hoped they would. Inspire. YAY!!
Thank you so much to Wendy for the nomination! You have no idea how much this means to me!
Here’s a bit about it, for those of you who also don’t know.
Sunshine Blogger Award Rules:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you in the blog post and link back to their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
3. Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
4. List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
My Questions from One Exceptional Life:
1. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging to try something new and was going to focus on life and kids and ending up falling in love with the whole concept. In the process, I learned that I love to help others with their blogs.
2. What inspires you??
People. Humans are amazing things. We can overcome crazy obstacles and challenges and when we set our minds to something, we can do anything. It’s absolutely incredible.
3. What is your favorite animal and why?
I’m not much of an animal person. (I know, slay me now). But I do like baby animal anythings… Puppies are so cute!
4. What is one interesting thing about you that people don’t know?
I used to be a crazy coupon lady. You know, the kind that my kids wouldn’t even shop with me for fear that I would keep them at the checkout for an hour lol.
5. What is your favorite food?
I love all foods. I’m not sure if I even have a favorite. But, if I was to pick a last meal on the Green Mile, I would have to pick roast beef, mashed potatoes, yorkshire puddings and all of the gravy. mmmmmmmmmm.
6. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
I have always wanted to go to Ireland. The rolling, green hills and old castles look ethereal.
7. What are your top 5 blogging necessities?
I have so many tools that I use but if I had to pick 5, I would choose: my planner – keeps me organized and on track, stock photos – for beautiful backgrounds in my Pins and blog, Canva – to create Pins and opt-ins, Tailwind – a scheduling necessity, and my blogging bestie – otherwise I would have no one to drink Prosecco with on my blog dates!
8. If you won 1 million dollars, what would you do with it?
Pay off debt, help my family out, invest in me in some way (courses, mentoring), go on an amazing family trip and then a trip with just my husband. Then I would probably have to go back to work! A million doesn’t go very far these days! lol
9. What are your goals for your blog?
I want to help women everywhere see the value in starting a blog to help them expand their businesses. I have big goals of helping my family be debt free and I would like to quit my full-time job and blog full time within a year. (I know, these are HUGE!. The hustle is real.)
10. What scares you the most?
I always have struggled with imposter syndrome. I have a hard time believing that I am qualified enough to give people the information they are searching for – even if I really am. So I guess, I am scared that someone will call me on it someday. It’s never happened, but it’s always in the back of my mind.
11. What other talent or skill are you proud of, besides blogging?
I used to run an athletic wear business and made figure skating dresses. I can rhinestone the crap out of anything!! hahahaaa
My nominees with their blog links and Twitter/Instagram handles are:
Wine and Snacks @girldotcom37
Sweet & Simple Life @simplycaterose
Love Family Health
The Lovato Lens @the.lavorato.lens
She Hustles Inc. @shehustlesinc
Adina Kroll @KrollAdina
The Sunny Side of Something @thesunnyside_
It’s All About the Kitchen @its_all_about_the_kitchen
Mediterranean Latin Love Affair @mediter24409386
KrisBee Mama @krisbeemama
Questions for my nominees:
- When people come to you for help, what do they usually want help with?
- What are some “small” things that make your day better?
- What was the best vacation you ever took?
- Are you usually early or late?
- What is something you consider a luxury, but you don’t think you could live without?
- What skill would you like to master?
- What would you say is the most important thing that you have learned in your business?
- What age do you wish you could permanently be?
- What would your perfect room look like?
- What job would you be terrible at?
- Wine or Prosecco?
I can’t wait to read all of your responses! Each one of you hold a special place in my blogging journey. I truly beleive that working together is the most amazing process and I wouldn’t be here without all of you!
- How to Make Money and Protect Yourself Legally as a New Blogger
- Gutenberg Block Editor for WordPress: How to Use Blocks & Time Saving Tips
- WordPress.com vs WordPress.org: What’s the Difference and Why it Matters for Your Blog
- 5 Things You Should Know to Start a Successful Blog
- How to Have a More Successful Blog with Batch Content Creation